The YMPL Gatherings are seminars with intimate worship and conversation about ministry-related and leadership topics.
Everyone is more than welcome to attend!
For our February conversation, we will be rethinking Church, faith and spirituality through the eyes of millennials. We will also engage ministry leaders who are doing effective ministry on campuses of colleges and universities across the nation.
Here is a little about each of the panelists:
- Dr. Kurnia Foe is an Indonesian Christian who is working with international students at Old Dominion University. His service is key to helping international students get acclimated as new students at the university.
- Mike Morisi is the president of Campus Harvest, which has ministries on 350 college and university campuses across the United States of America.
- Taci Chisholm is an evangelist and radio personality. She has a strong ministry to young women.
- Colleen Stein is the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship Virginia Peninsula Area Director. InterVarsity is an organization with over 700 Chapters on college and university campuses across the nation. Colleen oversees several of the InterVarsity college and university chapters on the Virginian Peninsula.
- Pastor Jamie Limato is part of the college and university campus church planting movement. He serves as senior pastor of Aletheia Church, a church plant nearby Old Dominion University. The ministry focuses providing worship and spiritual nurture for college and university students.
- Thurston Benns is the Tidewater Area Director for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, an organization with over 700 Chapters on college and university campuses across the nation. Thurston oversees several of the InterVarsity chapters on the Tidewater college and university campuses.
- Alex Holt and Free Worship and Jay EL will lead us in opening worship!
The theme of the night will be “Faith Sharing on College and University Campuses.” Pew Research Center reports that while thousands of millennials do not regularly attend church, they are deeply interested in spirituality. Many of them are secretly seeking for God to help them to make sense of life; they are seeking divine guidance for their everyday life. At the YMPL Gathering, we will have an invigorating discussion about effective ways that believers can share their faith within the context of today’s generation.
Please RSVP; so we can be on the lookout for you!
YMPL is a network of young ministers, pastors & leaders. We are building a global relational community of leaders to impact the world for Jesus Christ!
See you Friday, February 10th at 6pm EST. Please bring friends!
Category: Get Involved