- The Spring 2012 issue will continue with Part 2 of “Forming a Community of the Spirit: Hospitality, Fellowship, and Nurture,” from Steven M. Fettke, God’s Empowered People: A Pentecostal Theology of the Laity (Wipf & Stock 2011).
The second part of “The Third Wave” from Henry ... Read More
- How Shall We Lead the Church?
In this Pneuma Review conversation, Pastor John Lathrop says that New Testament leadership should be scripturally based, marked by servanthood, Spirit-empowered, and equipping everyone for ministry.
Jesus Christ has a very real relationship with the church. He described the church as ... Read More
Michael F. Bird, Are You the One Who Is to Come?: The Historical Jesus and the Messianic Question (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2009), 208 pages, ISBN 9780801036385 .
Michael Bird’s ever expanding catalog now includes a volume on messianic expectations in the time of Jesus, and ... Read More
- Lynn H. Cohick, Women in the World of the Earliest Christians: Illuminating Ancient Ways of Life (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2009), 350 pages, ISBN 9780801031724.
Lynn H. Cohick, associate professor of New Testament at Wheaton College, illuminates the cultural, religious, and social roles of Greco-Roman ... Read More
- George M. Flattery, A Biblical Theology of the Holy Spirit, vol. 1, The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament, James E. Richardson, ed. (Springfield, MO: Global University, 2009), xxxii + 226 pages.
George M. Flattery, A Biblical Theology of the Holy Spirit, vol. 2, Luke and ... Read More
- On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 the news became public that an important, and in some ways, unprecedented, document on Christian witness and mission has been finalized and published. In the interest of full disclosure, along with several others, I helped write it. That doesn’t mean ... Read More
- Brian Woolnough and Wonsuk Ma, eds., Holistic Mission: God’s Plan for God’s People, Regnum Edinburgh 2010 Series (Oxford, UK: Regnum, 2010), 279 pages, ISBN 9781870345859.
Holistic mission, or integral mission, implies God is concerned with the whole person, the whole community, body, mind and spirit—and, ... Read More
- Collin Hansen, “The Son And the Crescent: Bible translations that avoid the phrase ‘Son of God’ are bearing dramatic fruit among Muslims. But that translation has some missionaries and scholars dismayed” Christianity Today (February 2011), pages 18-23.
Translation choices continue to be a major issue ... Read More
Rolland and Heidi Baker founded IRIS Global (then known as IRIS Ministries) in 1980, the year they were married, spending the next twelve years ministering in Asia, first by leading evangelistic dance and drama teams and then transitioning to work one by one ... Read More
Diogenes Allen, Theology for a Troubled Believer: An Introduction to the Christian Faith (Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2010), 223 pages, ISBN 9780664223229.
When I was first offered the opportunity to review Diogenes Allen’s new book, Theology for a Troubled Believer, I immediately welcomed the ... Read More
Editor’s Note: In this excerpt from his latest book, Professor Lederle says the “third wave” should perhaps be called the rise of the new independent charismatic churches. The Pneuma Review editorial committee hopes you will be encouraged as you read this chapter and will purchase ... Read More
This chapter is an excerpt from Steven M. Fettke, God’s Empowered People: A Pentecostal Theology of the Laity (Wipf & Stock 2011). Read Part 2 in the Spring 2012 issue of Pneuma Review.
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone ... Read More