Heavily academic works (especially for scholars)
- The Gospel of John: A Commentary. 2 vols. (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson, November 2003), over 1600 pages.
- A Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1999, updated in 2009), over 1000 pages.
- The Spirit in the Gospels and Acts: Rebirth and Prophetic Empowerment (Peabody: Hendrickson, 1997).
Church-oriented academic works
- Defending Black Faith, coauthored with Glenn J. Usry (Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 1997).
- Black Man’s Religion: Can Christianity be Afrocentric? Coauthored with Glenn Usry (Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 1996).
- …And Marries Another: Divorce & Remarriage in the Teaching of the New Testament (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 1991).
Church-oriented works informed by scholarship
- Gift and the Giver: The Holy Spirit’s Work Today (Baker, 2001; revises his earlier 3 Crucial Questions about the Holy Spirit). Read Wolfgang Vondey’s review.
- Understanding and Applying the Scriptures, coauthored with Danny McCain (Bukuru, Plateau State, Nigeria: Africa Christian Textbooks, 2003). This is the book for which I originally collected most of the material in this interpretation manual.
More Recent Work
- Miracles: The Reliability of the New Testament Accounts, 2 vols. (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2011). Read extensive excerpts from Miracles. Review by Woodrow Walton.
- Acts: An Exegetical Commentary, 4 vols. (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic). Volume 1: Introduction and 1:1–2:47, 2012. Volume 2: 3:1-14:28, 2012. Volume 3: 15:1-23:35, 2014. Volume 4 is due out in October 2015.
- The Historical Jesus of the Gospels (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2012).
- Romans: A New Covenant Commentary, (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2009).
- 1-2 Corinthians, New Cambridge Bible Commentary (New York, NY: Cambridge University Press, 2005).
- Revelation: A Vision of Hope, Bringing the Bible to Life, written with Janet Nygren and Karen H. Jobes (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2010).
- Immersion Bible Studies: Acts (Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press, 2011).
Special thanks to John P. Lathrop for his help in updating the list of books by Craig Keener.